KONG® Equine Hanging Kit
with Treat Ring
Designed to be hung from a single point and accompanied by a treat ring, this unique application of the KONG® Equine Classic provides mental stimulation and enrichment for all horses. The KONG® Equine Hanging Kit with Treat Ring challenges horses because it swings freely and away from wherever pressure is placed. The KONG® Equine can also be easily separated from the hanging kit by the carabiner for play in pastures.
Without the hanging kit, this well-known shape can be stuffed and frozen and used in dry or wet enclosures. Its unpredictable bounce helps to stimulate any horse playing with it.
|Height||Bottom opening||Treat ring|
- 6.5 lbs of Zootooth™ rubber, a proprietary blend of all-natural rubber that provides greater durability and flexibility (weight may vary)
- Comes in a green color
- Comes fully assembled with a treat ring, a rubber bungee with added retention washer, an 8 ft black polyester rope with a loop end, and a black powder-coated screw lock carabiner
- Great for stuffing and play in pasture or stall
- Made in the USA. Globally sourced materials.
- A high-resistance rubber bungee release allows for the KONG® Equine rubber product to separate from the rubber loop given enough pressure. The rubber is engineered to retain its form to allow the rubber bungee to be reinserted for continued use as recommended.
- Our one-year warranty (read our full warranty here) on our KONG® Equine rubber shows the confidence we have in our product's durability. In the event that a horse ingests our non-toxic ZooTooth™ rubber and is unable to pass, the rubber is radiopaque meaning that it will show on radiographs.
Unsure of how to start getting the best use out of your KONG® Equine? Here are a few tips and tricks to try out:
- Stuff the bottom with hay, alfalfa, or larger treats.
- Use the wells on the treat ring for pastes, peanut butter, apple sauce and any loose or liquid treats. You can freeze treats in the KONG to extend play time without affecting the integrity of the rubber.
- Smear pastes, peanut butter, apple sauce or any thinner treats to the inside for extended play.
- Utilize the four (4) long holes on the treat ring closest to the inside for any dry treats that need tension to not shake loose easily. Great for horse cookies and peppermints.